Monday, March 25, 2013

I HAVEN'T POSTED IN A WEEK...

Oh my, I have not posted in a week so I am really behind.  I would much rather post every day or so and not wait so long. 
 
March 20th we left Lake Havasu.  I drove Bill and Jeanne's car back to Hemet with Jeanne.  Ron brought the motorhome and Daisy and Bill came back with sophie with his travel trailer.  We  all went to Mimi's for dinner and had a wonderful dinner.  We love Bill and Jeanne, they are such awesome people and we are glad to be close to them again.  After dinner, Ron and I drove back to Cathedral City in the Palm Springs area.  This is where we are staying for a week.  It is Cathedral Palms RV.  Here are some pictures of the park.  Our space number is 113, right across from the pool.

 
wow, the color of the motorhome looks weird.  must be the sun hitting it.
 
 
 
some mornings when we walk daisy there is a duck swimming in the pool. 



 

 
the mountains around the park are really pretty.
 
Thursday the 21st we got up and decided to go out for breakfast and drive around all the Palm Springs area.  We ended up at Denny's and had a wonderful breakfast.  We looked for Bakers Square restaurant, a restaurant we ate at when we were here many years ago, but we couldn't find it.  Then we drove down hwy 111, it is a cool drive because you go thru all the palm springs towns.  There are so many shopping and eating places.  They have a lot of outdoor dining with misters everywhere.  love this area.  Here is a cool picture I got of Marilyn Monroe.  Check it out...
 
 
This statue is just so dang cool
 
Well, we found grocery store, 99cent only store and some other places we wanted to shop.  We were gone all day long really glad to get back and rest.  lol
 
 
Friday morning, the 22nd we had breakfast at home and then took off looking for the next place we will stay.  We drove to check out Catalina Spa & RV Park in Desert Hot Springs, we will stay there at a later date.  Then we went to the Sands RV & Golf Resort and checked it out.  We liked it also and we will stay there for later for a week.  Then we went to Desert Pools Resort in Desert Hot Springs will not stay there because the lady at the front desk was not nice.  Then we went into Indio and drove by Motorcoach Country Club and Outdoor Resort.  OMG, I would love to have a lot there as those 2 spots are BEAUTIFUL on the outside as it is gated and we didn't even try to get in to look around.    Indio is another awesome place as there is so many shopping centers and eating out places amazing.  We checked out Indian Waters RV Resort in indio and we made reservations for 2 weeks beginning the 27th.  It is a very nice park.  We also checked out Thousand Trails in Palm Desert and we will stay there later.  We ate at McDonalds and then came home.  For dinner we went to Olive Garden and had a wonderful meal.  Here is a pic of my dinner.  yummy...
 

 
Saturday the 23rd we stayed home.  Ron went to Walmart and got water and a few things we needed.  It was a very relaxing day...We even went swimming and enjoyed the hot tub also. 
 
Sunday the 24th we took off for another drive.  Took 111 to Indio as that will be the way we go when we leave here to move.  Found a sprouts Market and Souplantation not to far from the park in Indio we will be staying.  OMG, there are so many shops to check out.  Good thing we will be staying in this area for several months, because I have lots of places I want to check out.  Had to hurry back home because in order to watch a lot of the shows that come on 7ish pacific time, I have to start watching at 5 because of the stupid east coast feed we have on our direct tv.  Don't get me started.  lol   I couldn't miss the walking dead...
 
Well, this has me up to today:
 
Monday the 25th...Today I fixed breakfast  and got the house cleaned up.  Man living in an rv makes house cleaning so easy.  In 15 minutes you are finished.  It is awesome.  I keep waiting for the dang laundry fairy to get her butt here, but she keeps missing us I guess.  If someone sees her, please send her to my house.  I guess I could do a load of clothes in the motorhome but that is too much trouble.  lol  I haven't even gone to the laundry room here to check it out.  Oh well.....  I think this is going to be a lazy day here in the Murphy house.  Will go swimming here pretty soon.  Man, I keep forgetting to get sunscreen and I sure do not want a sunburn. 
 
Ok, I am going to go now so I can post this writing.  Hope everyone has a wonderful day.  Come back and visit me as soon as you can.  Love this life...
 
living the retirement.....
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment