Saturday, March 16, 2013

3/14/13 ALMOST GOT OUT OF VEGAS

Well, this day we tried to leave Vegas but fate stopped us cold.  We were almost in Henderson when a belt broke on the motorhome.  Power steering was gone.  bummer.  After pulling off Bolder Highway, Ron drove the car to Camping World and they gave him the name of a repair shop that was only a mile away from where we were pulled over.  Had the motorhome towed to the shop and we sure hoped they would be able to fix it fast.  Haha that didn't happen, a part was delivered, but it was the wrong one and by the time it was delivered to the shop and picked back up again it was late.  Wouldn't be ready until the next day.  Well dirty word...We started looking for a place to stay that would allow a dog, and the first place we stopped at we got a room.  It was the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham and it was a nice room. 

We had dinner this evening at this fun pub called Johnny Macs.  Here is a sign that was painted on the wall.



Here is a picture of my dinner, it was a yummy chicken sandwich.  The bread it was on was so good, I should not have eaten it because of my diabetes, but I just had to.  It was heaven and I enjoyed every bite of it.  I was good because I didn't get fries ---I got a wonderful dinner salad to go with it.  That was a good trade off wasn't it???????

 
We were so tired because of the stress of worrying about the motorhome and then where we were going to spend the night that we went to bed early. 
 
More tomorrow about our journey.
 
living the retirement...



No comments:

Post a Comment