Tuesday, June 18, 2013

TREES OF MYSTERY

JUNE 15, 2013

This day we drove down the highway to TREES OF MYSTERY and SKYTRAIL.  It is a cool place where they have gondolas that take you on a 9 minute ride through the redwood forest canopy to
Ted's Ridge.  There you find a large observation deck offering spectacular views of the Klamath back country to the east and stunning views over Hidden Beach and the Pacific ocean to the West.  It was very foggy this day so we couldn't see anything but the beautiful mist over all the redwoods.  It is home to many  extraordinary specimens of Coastal Redwoods, Sitka Spruce and Douglas Firs.  This area is home to one of the most majestic trees of all, the Cathedral Tree, nine living trees growing as one in a natural cathedral formation--it is awesome.  The Sky Trail gives you a chance to have a birds eye view of the redwoods as you glide through the forest canopy.  It is pretty cool

View from Ted's Ridge



 VIEW FROM THE SKY TRAIL
 
 

 
THIS IS THE CATHEDRAL TREE

 
THE GONDOLA DOESN'T STOP FOR YOU TO GET ON, YOU MUST BE FAST 





 
THESE ARE STEPS, I WOULDN'T WALK THEM
 

 
THE TREES ARE SO BIG
 

INCOMING GONDOLA




THE GIFT SHOP
 


BABE



 
PAUL BUNYAN
 
The Trail of Tall Tales is devoted to the folklore of Paul Bunyan and his unique adventures depicted in giant redwood carvings done with a chainsaw.  There are so many trees carvings around here and I would love to have a small one.  They are amazing works of art. 
 
 

 
 

 
 
Let me tell you a story about Edward.  I am a die hard Twilight fan and I love Edward.  OK I said it, there...Everyone know it and I am proud of it.  When I retired from work, my leaving party was everything Edward and Twilight.  They gave me this awesome cutout of him and I take him with me when I go places and take pictures of him and us.  hehe  I just had to throw this in because I had so many people say things to me and just smile when they saw him.  I love it.  It is a good conversation starter.  lol   So he went with us and rode the  Sky Trail, although he was very bored with it and just wanted to take off flying up the redwoods.  He was so at home here, he loved it.  Had a hard time taking him away from it.  
 
 





 
wish you were here....
 
living the retirement....

6 comments:

  1. I have to LOL because I am originally from Forks...that's where I grew up and my friend just burned me all the Twilight movies on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurrie I told Ron I wanted to drive to forks so I could take pictures. It was going to be 400ish round trip miles. He said ok but that would be a long trip in the car. Hehe. You are one lucky girl to be from there. It's funny you haven't seen the movies or read any of the books. I read all the books several times and have all the DVD. Lol. That is pretty cool����

      Delete
    2. It's a couple hour trip north for me here...I haven't been home for a while now. I lived in Ford Park if you ever get up there...it's out past the cemetery and not quite to Elk Creek.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a place we would like to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie if you ever get a chance to go be sure to do it. It is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forks is on our list. Maybe I'll see you there. :-)

    ReplyDelete