Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Checking out the Observatory

Today was a lazy day.  Spent lots of time on the computer checking out ideas for new bracelets.  Got my jewelry out and organized it better.  Spent way to much time on Pinterest checking out cool bracelets.  Want to figure out how to use Etsy so I can sell my cards and jewelry on line.

Since we got the time figured out finally, we were able to go to the observatory.  It is right here in the park.  I have never been to one before and it was so cool.  We checked out the sky for 2 hours and it just makes you realize how HUGE the sky is.  It just blows my mind how many stars and planets are out there and how far they are away and how long it would take to get to them---if we even could.  I loved looking at Saturn, it was awesome.  Here is a picture of the Observatory




Here we are making the tire covers---ok maybe it was Ron, but I had to help and take the pictures.  There it is on the tires.  We used heavy duty velcro to attach them.

They advise us to always have a flashlight with us when we are out at night time, because of the rattlesnakes.  OH YIKES!!!

They keep talking about the monsoon, well I sure wish we could get a little rain.  It is so hot.  High today was 105 I think.  way too hot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment