Thursday, April 11, 2013

OUR 2 WEEKS IN INDIAN WATERS


Saturday, March 20th, we had to have some things for the motorhome so we drove to San Bernardino to Camping World.  While there,  they had something I had seen and wanted before in LasVegas so I had to get it.  Here is a picture of it.

 
they are so dang cute...love em.
 
On the way to SB the wind was blowing so hard.  Off Hwy 10 where the hundreds of windmills are they were making electricity like crazy.  Below is a picture of part of the windmills...
 
 
 
 
 
On the way back we were able to stop in Hemet and see Bill & Jeanne.  While we were there, we checked out a couple rv parks.  Didn't find one to stay at.  We were glad to get back home because it is about 100 miles or more round trip.   This is funny, I was telling Ron on the way to SB that I would like to feel a SMALL earthquake.  Well,  Sunday there was a small one that hit around Indio and I felt it.   Gotta be careful what we ask for...right???
 
I belong to some fb groups and we always try to meet others whenever we can.  Well, I made plans for Ron & I to meet with Sally Hawkins Zellmer and her hubby Alf.  We met in downtown Indio (a wonderful place of course) at a pizza place.  They were just a wonderful couple and we had a nice visit and lunch with them..  Sally is from Oklahoma also and Alf is from Germany.  They invited us to their house the next evening for bbq.  They live in Indio in a Beautiful gated community and we meet another couple of their friends (Maureen and Ed  Nunnaly)  and it was a wonderful evening.  I love meeting my Okie friends.
 
The wind has been blowing so badly for the last almost week it felt like you could go flying whenever you walked outside.  There were a couple time one of the roads off hwy 10 had to be closed because of the blowing sand--visibility was zero.  I was so hoping it wouldn't be windy when we moved to our new park. 
 
l will write more later and I will say I hope I do better next time at keeping things current. 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment